Starting Sunday, September 15, we’ll be going through a new sermon series called “Bringing Sexy Back.”
Here’s a video bumper for the series:
Why would a church look at the topic of sex?
The simple answer is that God invented sex. We believe that sex and gender is a big part of what it means to be human. In a world of conflicting and sometimes confusing messages, it’s important to go back to the one who designed sex and to find out what he thinks and says.
We believe that God has a lot to say about sex, and that his design is good and leads to our flourishing. We also believe that we need to approach this topic carefully, knowing that it carries a lot of power. No swagger or blunt instruments allowed! We also believe that God offers grace and hope for everyone who needs it, beginning with us.
Here’s the plan for the series:
- September 15 — Sexual Brokenness
- September 22 — Marriage, Singleness, and Human Flourishing for Everyone
- September 29 — Same-Sex Sexuality
- October 6 — Addressing Affirming Perspectives
- October 20 — Transgender, Non-Binary, and Intersex
- October 27 — Sexual Assault
- November 3 — A Beautiful Design
- November 10 — A Christian Vision for Sexuality
Whether you are a follower of Jesus Christ, a skeptic, or just curious, we invite you to join us for this important series, and to bring your questions.